The Top Ten most ridiculous law suits ever filed was compiled by The Independent (UK).
- The man who sued Budweiser after drinking the beer which brought him no hot women.
- The prisoner who sued himself for violating his own civil liberties.
- The Judge, Roy Peterson, who sued the dry cleaners for $65M after they lost his pants.
- The Turkish city of Batman who sued “Batman” the movie.
- The 77 year old man who sued the 19 year old girl who said ‘no’ to his sexual advances.
- A driver who sued the family of the cyclist he killed for damages to his car.
- The Michael Jordan look-a-like who sued Nike for making Jordan too recognizable.
- The parents who sued Oliver Stone after their kids saw his movie and went on a crime spree.
- The man who demanded his cheating wife return the kidney he donated to her.
- The copyright battle over two separate recordings of silence.
Apparently, he had a hard time finding the “right” attorney for the case. “I couldn’t find an attorney. Listen, lawyers are not just going to pipe up–they’re not going to say they don’t have courage. They give me lame excuses. One is too busy. They won’t do it on contingency (what why not?). Some say I may have a case and they want to look deeper. Then they don’t call back.”
So what do you do when you’ve got a great case and you can’t find an attorney to help you out? Well, you represent yourself. Ass filed the suit on his own and said “Anyone can do it. You do some research. And there’s some rules you have to learn.” Apparently
I wonder if in all his research he learned what a 12(b)6 motion is?